Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Layoff : More than 2 million job cuts in one month

Total jobs lost in January so far crossed two million. The major firms that announced massive job cuts are, Construction machinery manufacturer Caterpillar, pharma major Pfizer, telecom firm Sprint Nextel Corp, home improvement retailer Home Depot. The global economic recession is worsening day by day.
The highest yearly total job loss since 1945 was at 2008, and about 2.6 million people lost their job.

Related Posts :



0 comments:

About Me

India
I am a Software Engineer based in Chennai, India. My hobbies are blogging, driving. You can contact me here, http://sameerbloggs.blogspot.com/2009/03/contact-me.html

Contact Me

Disclaimer

Disclaimer: All the information given in this blog is only my ideas and knowledge what I got from internet or other sources. For any interest rate, charges etc check the particular service as the charge might have changed. Regarding the intraday trading tips, this is applicable for that day only and also shouldn't be taken as advice. All the actions taken by you is responsible by you only. Thanks.

Back to TOP